PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly windows don't wobble any more

redmage123
November 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hello,

A few days ago I installed Karmic Koala 9.10 (32 bit) on my system.
I realized just today that I had installed a 32 bit OS on my 64 bit
Intel x86, so I downloaded and reinstalled the 64 bit OS. I had to go ahead
and re-install the compiz configuration manager as it had been deleted, however, none of the compiz configuration options that I select seem to work any more. Wobbly windows is enabled but my windows don't wobble. I also don't seem to be able to increase or decrease transparency(opacity) any longer.

I used to use Alt-T for transparency and Alt-o for opacity but those no longer seem to work, even though I specified them in the compiz configuration manager.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Grenage
November 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
System/Preferences/Appearance then visual effects tab; is it currently set to 'extra'?

redmage123
November 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
>> System/Preferences/Appearance then visual effects tab; is it currently set to 'extra'?

Nope, I forgot to do that. Thanks. Also, part of the problem was that I had thought I'd installed the new Nvidia proprietary drivers (which seem to be required for the "extra" settings to work), but I needed to reboot for this to take effect, (Shades of M$oft!) Just out of curiosity, why was a reboot required? I would have thought that a simple modprobe to push the new drivers on the kernel driver stack would have been enough. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks,

Grenage
November 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone have an answer

I don't, unfortunately; hopefully someone will chime in.