PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome-do Not Working

suprman2020
November 27th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Gnome-do doesn't work for me anymore. When I first did a clean install of Karmic Koala, it was working. I don't remember what happened, but one day it just stopped working. Any help is appreciated. This is what it outputs when I run it in the terminal:

(Do:8099): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to read the recently used resources file at `/home/solomon/.recently-used.xbel', but the parser failed: Error reading file '/home/solomon/.recently-used.xbel': Is a directory.

(Do:8099): Wnck-CRITICAL **: wnck_set_client_type got called multiple times.

[Error 23:53:24.700] [AbstractKeyBindingService] Failed to bind "Summon in Text Mode" to ""
Could not locate Tomboy on D-Bus. Perhaps it's not running?
Firefox.PlacesItemSource "Firefox Places" encountered an error in UpdateItems: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader.GetString (Int32 i) [0x00000]
at Firefox.PlacesItemSource+<LoadPlaceItems>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () [0x00000]
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000]
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000]
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[PlaceItem] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000]
at Firefox.PlacesItemSource.UpdateItems () [0x00000]
at Do.Universe.Safe.SafeItemSource.UpdateItems () [0x00000] .

** (Do:8099): WARNING **: Missing method Do.Platform.AbstractApplicationService::RunOnThrea d(Action) in assembly /usr/lib/gnome-do/Do.Platform.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/lib/gnome-do/plugins/WeatherDocklet.dll
[Error 23:53:25.440] Error in RunOnMainThread: Method not found: 'Do.Platform.AbstractApplicationService.RunOnThrea d'.
Firefox.PlacesItemSource "Firefox Places" encountered an error in UpdateItems: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000]
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Firefox.PlaceItem]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000]

Buuntu
November 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Type this into the terminal (as long as you don't mind losing all the configuration of gnome-do if you had any):

sudo apt-get purge gnome-do && sudo apt-get install gnome-do

**You can replace 'purge' with 'remove' in the above command if you want to keep your configuration files, but 'purge' is probably more likely to work for completely reinstalling a working package.

suprman2020
November 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Type this into the terminal (as long as you don't mind losing all the configuration of gnome-do if you had any):

sudo apt-get purge gnome-do && sudo apt-get install gnome-do

**You can replace 'purge' with 'remove' in the above command if you want to keep your configuration files, but 'purge' is probably more likely to work for completely reinstalling a working package.

Thanks. Your solution worked.

kendoori
November 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I rely on the Gome-Do Docky theme and was finding that the dock stopped working and the program intermittent. It seems as though the current version has some issues with plugins, the weather one specifically. I've since turned off the weather applet and Do is stable for me. In case your reinstall doesn't work, try disabling plugins one by one (start with Weather if you are using it). I had reinstalled and it seemed to work at first, but then started not working again.

suprman2020
November 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I rely on the Gome-Do Docky theme and was finding that the dock stopped working and the program intermittent. It seems as though the current version has some issues with plugins, the weather one specifically. I've since turned off the weather applet and Do is stable for me. In case your reinstall doesn't work, try disabling plugins one by one (start with Weather if you are using it). I had reinstalled and it seemed to work at first, but then started not working again.

Docky is now a program by itself so I just use that instead,but I still want to use gnome-do as my launcher. You are correct about gnome-do not working again. I will try your solution.