PDA

View Full Version : My e-mail signature

jeremy
November 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
If anyone want to use this, or adapt it for themselves, please do so, if you do adapt it I would appreciate it if you post a copy of your adaptation in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail has not been scanned for any viruses, it is not necessary as it was written on a PC running Linux. Linux, besides being free, is not vulnerable to microsoft viruses.
http://www.ubuntu.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

MJWitter
November 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
While I like the concept, it wouldn't work so well if someone uses this signature and mistakenly forwards an email containing a virus..

amingv
November 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
[...]microsoft viruses.

Is that a new company division? :P

Also, the writing is the least of the evils. Attachments, on the other hand can be very deadly.

Psumi
November 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for this signature, I use it now.

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 09:19 PM
While I like the concept, it wouldn't work so well if someone uses this signature and mistakenly forwards an email containing a virus..

Yes, it could hurt the credibility a little bit.

Confuzius
November 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Not to mention that you could still theoretically host/harbour a virus for Windows, just not be affected by it.

The sentiment is right, but I'm not sure that the execution is appropriate.

ZankerH
November 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
An email SIG is supposed to contain your name and RL contact information. It's not like a forum signature. Using it as if it were is just poor form.

jeremy
November 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I understand the criticisms, and obviously would never send a 'dodgy' attachment. What inspired me in the first place was receiving an e-mail wth this at the bottom:

__________________________________________________ ______________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

If anyone can improve my original 'signature', please do so.