PDA

View Full Version : Is it worrying that I am currently listening to...

hoppipolla
November 26th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Panic at the Disco O.O

*sings along* xD

Do you listen to anything embarrassing? Post it herrreee!

Hoppi! :)

ninjapirate89
November 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Fall Out Boy on occasion. :-$

RiceMonster
November 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I'll admit to listening to "Are We Human" by the Killers a few times. I'm not embarrassed about anything else I listen to.

gnuvistawouldbecool
November 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM

Depends on whether it's defined as embarrassing or just weird....

I happen to like listening to soundtrack a lot, I'll blame a friend giving me a CD of the second Lord of the Rings soundtrack for that...

RATM_Owns
November 26th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I like Devo.

andomon
November 26th, 2009, 07:09 PM
"A thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton

joey-elijah
November 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I do listen to Britney Spears occasionally...

amingv
November 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I happen to like listening to soundtrack a lot, I'll blame a friend giving me a CD of the second Lord of the Rings soundtrack for that...

+1
I like a lot of soundtracks, too. The worst part is that people stare at you as if they were expecting you to jump into a space saucer and start hovering about next, I mean, what is wrong with Sephiroth's theme? :(
And J-Pop/J-Rock, people just don't digg it.

http://xkcd.com/400/

lsk3993
November 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
+1
I like a lot of soundtracks, too. The worst part is that people stare at you as if they were expecting you to jump into a space saucer and start hovering about next, I mean, what is wrong with Sephiroth's theme? :(
And J-Pop/J-Rock, people just don't digg it.

http://xkcd.com/400/
J-Pop/J-Rock? You mean like Box? Or is it just me who has heard of and listens to them?

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I used to listen to Abba back in the 1970s when it wasn't cool for straight guys to admit it.(And I was recently talking with someone who claims to have actually met them.)

JDShu
November 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Backstreet Boys and Nsync. Though I'm not sure if this is exactly embarrassing, because ever guy in their twenties secretly knows all the lyrics.

Bölvağur
November 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
embarrassing.... when I get rickrolled I keep listening to the song.

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Well, I have a CD of a couple of Beethoven piano concertos playing right now. Should I be embarassed?

ibuclaw
November 26th, 2009, 10:07 PM
King Crimson - Discipline
ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
and

wait for it....

Queen - Night at the Opera. :D

KiwiNZ
November 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Tui's in our trees

Only a Kiwi would understand

cascade9
November 26th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Well, I have a CD of a couple of Beethoven piano concertos playing right now. Should I be embarassed?

Only if you dress like your from a 1980s hair metal band. :mrgreen:

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Tui's in our trees

Only a Kiwi would understand
Wot? A six-pack in your tree? :) Yeah, right!

(We have the occasional tui (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tui_%28bird%29) here in our trees as well)

Only if you dress like your from a 1980s hair metal band. :mrgreen:

:)

koshatnik
November 26th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Panic at the Disco O.O

*sings along* xD

Hoppi! :)

No such thing as embarrassing music. Like what you like, its not for others to decide.

squilookle
November 26th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I think were talking about so called "guilty pleasures" here.

I like what I like. I'm not too embarrassed to admit listening to anything I listen to,but there are things (such as Abba, Diana Ross, if anyone wants examples) that I probably wouldn't use to blast the cob webs out of my car stereo speakers with the windows down... ;)

Irihapeti
November 26th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Wot? A six-pack in your tree? :) Yeah, right!

(We have the occasional tui (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tui_%28bird%29) here in our trees as well)

:)

Thank you, Lisati. I needed a really good laugh.

wilee-nilee
November 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I used to listen to Abba back in the 1970s when it wasn't cool for straight guys to admit it.(And I was recently talking with someone who claims to have actually met them.)

So did you admit it in the 70s?

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you, Lisati. I needed a really good laugh.

You're welcome!

lisati
November 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM
So did you admit it in the 70s?

:lolflag:

Edit: Yes, and I readily admit to taking Mrs Lisati to see the show Mamma Mia! earlier this month.

Exodist
November 26th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I dont listen to anything embarrassing. I listen to everything from Enya to 2Pac, from George Strait to Alice in Chains.. Its all good!!

wilee-nilee
November 27th, 2009, 12:20 AM
:lolflag:

Edit: Yes, and I readily admit to taking Mrs Lisati to see the show Mamma Mia! earlier this month.

Nice side swipe have you gone by yourself and would you admit it. Just giving you hard time I have noticed your forthcoming in your signature and general responses. ;)

Anybody want to admit to a closet Liza Minnelli collection, or the best of Broadway show tunes outside of the standard Jazz renditions of the great music.

hoppipolla
November 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM

has it ever been cool for straight guys to admit it? heh :)

It's all cool though, if you like it then listen ^_^

alphaniner
November 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
has it ever been cool for straight guys to admit it?

I dunno, but it can't be as uncool as a straight guy admitting he likes musicals. That's just random stream-of-consciousness, of course. It's not like I like musicals or anything. No really, I don't. I swear...

Eisenwinter
November 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
If you find the music that you listen to as an embarassment, then I suggest you take a good look at yourself, your opinions, your world view, and how you act around people.

Marvin666
November 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Once in a blue moon I listen to greenday, and maroon 5. That's about the only music I'm ashamed of. Especially since I'm a major slipknot fan...

1111peoy
November 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Lady Gaga, but she is hot! well, emberassing enough ;)

phrostbyte
November 27th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I'm a major fan of show music. :p Not embarrassed by it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88rkpPu8_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY

:p :p :p

MaxIBoy
November 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Staying Alive is one of my favorite songs, and I have the lyrics memorized.

Most recent XKCD in 3... 2... 1...

wilee-nilee
November 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
The jazz standards book is full of the great show tunes, and you have artists like John Coltrane who took My Favorite Things to a whole other level like Jazz generally does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_n-gRS_wdI

SuperSonic4
November 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I listen to music from the sonic games and some paramore.

Also http://xkcd.com/668/

hoppipolla
November 28th, 2009, 03:43 AM
If you find the music that you listen to as an embarassment, then I suggest you take a good look at yourself, your opinions, your world view, and how you act around people.

/overreaction.

hehe :)

It's only a bit of fun Eisenwinter, I thought it would be a funny thread to start when I was listening to Panic at the Disco!

MasterNetra
November 28th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Lady Gaga, but she is hot! well, emberassing enough ;)

Nothing to be embarrassed about with that, It seems a number of her songs are targeted at men anyway.

wilee-nilee
November 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM

Yes and realize that others opinions about this subject if it contains a marginalized glare are archaic and dysfunctional.

PariahVayne
November 28th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Nothing to be embarrassed about with that, It seems a number of her songs are targeted at men anyway.

His*