PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade woes

Anybloodyid
November 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi
I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 but now when I click on Thunderbirds nothing happens it shows on the bar at the bottom but then goes off without loading.
I went to the Synaptic Manager to reinstall it but get this message

E: Type ‘sudo’ is not known on line 55 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialogue to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I came to the forum but when I click submit for my question nothing happens, it's the same with eBay go to the site click on MyeBay and nothing happens.
Also Thunderbird is not working.
On the menu bar at the top there is a red circle with a white line across it , bit like a no entry sign.
Have had to use the daughters PC (Vista!) to get this question asked will have to keep checking back with thunderbird not working.

Thanks for looking.

Anybloodyid
November 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I hope this isn't bumping but I could really do with some help.
Using Daughters comp with vista is no fun.

dhavalbbhatt
November 26th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I am not sure about the sources list issue, but for your second issue, it seems that there is a problem with flash. Have you tried using another browser - like chrome and/or opera?

Anybloodyid
November 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions I've sorted out the sources.list issue there were two things in my sources.list that should not have been there.
Still can't get Thunderbird working and Firefox and Opera still don't like me pressing submit buttons so I'm still sending this on Daughters Comp.
Anyone, any ideas?