PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MCRS Philippines!

MirandaSoft
November 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Well, I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop computer and was really surprised that my Ubuntu Forums login, since 2007 is still present...

I'm a Linux geek, since 1997, and supposedly retired from the Linux community. Microsoft's enforcement of an operating system (Windows 7) that tells me my computer sucks, is no longer acceptable. I have Windows XP Home as my primary OS and a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 as a dual-boot. I haven't installed my favorite toys, yet, which include the development software.

From 1997 to 2008, I've been a hardcore Red Hat Linux / Fedora Linux type of guy, though I have ran Debian OS, too, since 1998.

Though I've had a lot of training from Microsoft, when I lived in Seattle, Washington, USA, I don't hesitate in bashing them (Microsoft) whenever I have a chance. I started that ever since I almost punched Steve Balmer in the face, years ago, when he said, "Linux is a kid's toy, not for businesses." I was sitting in the front row during a meeting at Washington State Convention Center when he said that. I was also a Windows Beta Tester from 1992 to 2002.

Now, since 2006, I'm living in the Philippines, where Microsoft seemed to have brainwashed the entire country. There are no Linux signs anywhere! Just promotional signs from Microsoft.

What's kind of funny here in Philippines, is that Windows is very pirated here, and most Filipinos don't know that Linux is free.

Also, since 2006, I've been re-entered into the Mac OS X market when I got my Apple iBook G4... That's another story.

Anyways, I'm just saying Hello here before I do something, like go to bed. Have a nice day, everybody!

Marcos Miranda

bruno9779
November 25th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I seldomly see posts from Ubuntu Philippines, there is no way that linux is completely unknown there.

I think that my case, of being the only Linux user in a tech support environment, is probably more remarkable...

Sealbhach
November 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hi there.

How are you finding Ubuntu 9.10? What happened to the Mac?

Anyway, have a good evening, and a pleasant sleep.