PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] front panel connector diagram

sabutuga
November 25th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Hi there,

I'm exchanging my case for a lenovo thinkcentre 8113 m52 that has a p4 cpu on a micro-btx system board. because the board is specific I need the diagram for the front panel connector on the board. does anyone knows where to get this?

thanks

ramjet_1953
November 25th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Have you thought of contacting Lenovo?

Regards,
Roger :)

sabutuga
November 25th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I'll try that.

cascade9
November 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
The pinout should be on the Lenovo website (already got to the ThinkCentre M52 8113 bit to save trouble)-

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/product.do?template=%2Fproductpage%2Flandingpages% 2FproductPageLandingPage.vm&sitestyle=lenovo&brandind=11&familyind=241562&machineind=241603&modelind=0&partnumberind=0&subcategoryind=0&doctypeind=8&doccategoryind=0&operatingsystemind=49980&validate=true

Even if the pinout isnt there, its normally not that hard to figure out what goes where. Sharp eyes, or a magnifying glass helps because there is normally tiny writing on the sides of the connectors you plug into the board.

sabutuga
November 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
The problem with looking for the names on the connectors is that this board is specific and has a single socket on the board where all the others plugs will have to go. This plug has no names or any other directions in it. This is because it has a single plug from the original front panel.

I've looked on the lenovo web page with no luck and contacted Lenovo/IBM costumer service that replied and told met that the pinout diagram is available from one of their premium partners at a cost!!!!

I'll be contacting then to find out how much but if anyone has a better (cheaper) idea please let me know.