PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What happened to Firefox, it doesn't play vids anymore...

jaime256
November 25th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I just noticed that Firefox in Ubuntu 9.04 no longer lets me view any youtube videos. What gives? All I do is add the regular updates on it. Haven't messed with anything other than the usual updates. I hope they are not using the beta stuff, because they suck.

oldmankit
November 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Did it work before, and now it's stopped working? Can you think of any changes you made to your system before it stopped working?

Things to check:

have you got flash installed properly? In firefox, go to tools -> addons -> plugins -> You should be able to see 'shockwave flash' installed here
have you got the firefox noscript extension? This will block flash and java by default.

baizon
November 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Check that FF have Flash installed. You can check it typing in the address bar "about:plugins" (Screenshot attached how it should look like).

jaime256
November 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
It looks like I do have all that. It's all the defaults except the downthenall, so I know I haven't added anything else. I had it before and it used to work with what you see. Take a look.