PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot connect to wireless network with karmic and atheros wireless card

bryce4president
November 25th, 2009, 03:10 AM
My brother recently gave me a defunct xp laptop. Its a Toshiba M45 which has an Atheros AR2413. After a clean install I fired up the machine and could see my network as well as two others in my neighborhood. Mine is wide open at the moment the other two have WPA. I connected to my network and got online. After about 5 minutes the wireless card dropped the connection and I couldn't get it to connect anymore. It tries, but it just comes back saying that the wireless network is disconnected.

I know that the network is ok because I'm posting this while connected from my other laptop. Does anybody have any ideas what could be going on?

In desperation I installed madwifi but am now thinking this might not have been the right thing to do. Can anyone verify?

thanks
Bryce

bryce4president
November 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Never Mind. It seems that after a full power down/power on cycle it worked. The Restart from the OS menu didn't do it for some reason. Oh well, its working now.