PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A list of problems i have encountered and require solutions for

expxe
November 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
here is an update

printer: prints, but when i switch it to a new usb port, it asks for authentication, what?
mouse: logitech mx rev, i want to customize all the buttons, i used uber options in windows (still stuck)
keyboard: got a new keyboard, no problems
wireless: dlink dwl-520+ wireless B pci network card, not working at all (still need help)
open pdf in firefox window: currently opens in a separate program's window(still need help)
network: how to i share folders so my family members can access the files, they use windows(still need help)
hd playback: solved

is linux superior? hmmm, its not looking good so far....

expxe
November 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
a BIG bump!

QIII
November 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM
When others come across a post like this with a laundry list, it is difficult to know where to begin and start giving constructive answers. So they move on.

It might be best to start a new post with the first issue, get that resolved and then start another thread for the next.

Take your printer issue, for example. A single thread on that subject would allow people to walk you through troubleshooting just that one issue (which may take many posts).

This list is simply too long to address in one thread.

ElevenWarrior
November 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM
When others come across a post like this with a laundry list, it is difficult to know where to begin and start giving constructive answers. So they move on.

It might be best to start a new post with the first issue, get that resolved and then start another thread for the next.

Take your printer issue, for example. A single thread on that subject would allow people to walk you through troubleshooting just that one issue (which may take many posts).

This list is simply too long to address in one thread.

+1
so true. if people do respond, it will only be with one problem.

expxe
December 1st, 2009, 12:19 AM
updated

expxe
December 1st, 2009, 12:21 AM
bump