PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to add desktops in CompizConfig set manager

UselessTool
November 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi there!

I've been trying to add a more desktops in the CompizConfig Settings Manager but it won't allow me. Under General settings/Desktop size you can set number of desktops but for me it seems stuck on one. I can't change from 1 to 2, which is what I want.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Usufruct
November 24th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hi there!

I've been trying to add a more desktops in the CompizConfig Settings Manager but it won't allow me. Under General settings/Desktop size you can set number of desktops but for me it seems stuck on one. I can't change from 1 to 2, which is what I want.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Try changing your horizontal virtual size to 2 instead of 1.

UselessTool
November 24th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Doing that adds an extra workspace. I want to add a desk :)

Usufruct
November 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Doing that adds an extra workspace. I want to add a desk :)

I'm not getting what you mean. Do you have a second monitor?

UselessTool
November 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Sorry, my mistake I was confused hehe.
Workspace is what I was looking for.

However, is there any way to configure that different workspaces have different desktops? I want to different shortcuts and backgrounds for each workspace if it's even possible.

Thanks for all replies.

Usufruct
November 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry, my mistake I was confused hehe.
Workspace is what I was looking for.

However, is there any way to configure that different workspaces have different desktops? I want to different shortcuts and backgrounds for each workspace if it's even possible.

Thanks for all replies.

I believe you can achieve different wallpapers for different workspaces by enabling 'Wallpapers' in the utility section of the compizconfig settings manager. I do not believe there is a way to have different icons on the desktop for each workspace.