PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Several questions about the Galaxium Messenger

flinkan
November 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
hey guys,

first of all i want to says sry if my english is on some parts of the text really bad ^^

ok now lets start...
i installed ubuntu 9.1 and i thought it would be time to try an other im client...
and then i found the Galaxium Messenger (http://code.google.com/p/galaxium/)...

now i have some questions...

1. does anyone know where the default galaxium icons are stored? i mean the icons in the menus, on the bars, ... as well the status icons on the buddyicons in the buddylist (away, idle, ...)... i wont to change some of the icons but i cant finde the place where thy are... the icons are from the "tango" theme...

2. how the hell can i read or open the logfiles? the logs are *.db files and i dont know a program to open or read the files... not even google could help me to find one :S

3. is it normal that if i use a adium theme for the textmessages which has little buddyicons on each messages... that these buddyicons are extreamly ugly??? they are totaly pixeld ^^ isnt there way to change this?

hope you have understand what i mean or what i want to ask you ^^

thx!

phidia
November 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
From here (http://groups.google.com/group/galaxium?pli=1) there is this notice:

Welcome to the Galaxium Messenger discussion group.

If you have used our software, and have issues/suggestions/comments to tell us, please feel free! We are looking forward to providing the linux community with a fresh new piece of IM software that will meet the needs of the Linux Desktop user base. We are still in heavy development, please expect there to be freezing, crashing, and weird behavior. Overall it can already be used to perform most basic IM tasks, however there are still things we are working out.

We thank you for your patience, and any discussions that you have here!

So you might want to ask this at the galaxium message board, or irq?
It does seem to be "beta" right now.