PDA

View Full Version : rythmbox is worse than Hitler

Bölvađur
November 24th, 2009, 03:41 PM
...and here is why.

If you have christmas songs in your music folder it will be on your playlist all year around.
This was pointed to me by my sister's fiancé was problem with music players. I actually did not agree with him and saw to easy solutions.
1. Make a special directory named Christmas Songs and just add it to the list of directories your music player listens to. And then just remove it when you've got sick of these songs.

2. Make a playlist.

3. Tag all christmas songs as such. Make a bash script to move all of them to the directory which the music player listens to. Make another script to move them outside of it again when it's not yuletide.

I might consider writing a plugin for rythmbox to automatically make a playlist for christmas songs on yuletide and remove it afterwards. And also that the plugin will not list chrimstas songs in your playlist if it isn't yuletide (perhaps make it possible to toggle it).
But only if I get enough people interested to use it. If I get more ideas. And it wouldn't be worse if there would be people ready to contribute code.

oh btw the reason for why I make this thread....

Make two threads, one titled "this software has a few bugs" and "this software is worse than Hitler" and it's not hard to figure out which will get more responses.

MelDJ
November 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
i like hitler...that means rythmbox is not that bad...

ticopelp
November 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I see what you did there.

You'd probably have more success if you were more inflammatory, though. You know: "Rhythmbox came to my house, killed my dog, and ate all my cereal. It then proceeded to erase my hard drive, download Transformers 2 in FLIC format and report me to the FBI. The developers should be tried for war crimes, after each of them pay me their life savings for the hardship I had to endure using this free music player -- it's that bad! WARNING! STAY AWAY FOLKS! RHYTHMBOX IS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!"

RiceMonster
November 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I see what you did there.

You'd probably have more success if you were more inflammatory, though. You know: "Rhythmbox came to my house, killed my dog, and ate all my cereal. It then proceeded to erase my hard drive, download Transformers 2 in FLIC format and report me to the FBI. The developers should be tried for war crimes, after each of them pay me their life savings for the hardship I had to endure using this free music player -- it's that bad! WARNING! STAY AWAY FOLKS! RHYTHMBOX IS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!"

I thought I had it bad. Rhythmbox just crashed on my couch and left it's dirty socks on my coffee table.

Skripka
November 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I thought I had it bad. Rhythmbox just crashed on my couch and left it's dirty socks on my coffee table.

Rhythmbox clogs the toilets and stanks up the bathrooms at work here.

tgalati4
November 24th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hitler brought transportation to the masses. Rhythmbox brought music to the masses.

Simian Man
November 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
1939 - year of the Rhythmbox desktop.

RiceMonster
November 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
1939 - year of the Rhythmbox desktop.

I lol'd

dmizer
November 24th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Obviously with the few responses in this thread already ... this thread's title is not likely to generate on-topic conversation.

Sorry, but I'm closing this. Thank you all for your participation.