PDA

View Full Version : Installing Ubuntu 9 inside WIndows 7

robinx1578
November 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Its been long time since i wanted to try the Ubuntu however due to demand in my work I cant escape in windows. I just upgrade last couple of days to Windows 7, Im very much interested in Windows Virtual PC. For now Im currently install Ubuntu 9 inside Windows 7 via Windows Virtual Pc. So far everything runs smoothly.

Maybe some of you might think that I'm out of the topic however like what i said I really wanted to try Ubuntu without affecting my work. Im sure there someone out there wishes to try something different.

I tell you more when the install process was done.

raymondh
November 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I just upgrade last couple of days to Windows 7, Im very much interested in Windows Virtual PC. For now Im currently install Ubuntu 9 inside Windows 7 via Windows Virtual Pc. So far everything runs smoothly.

Congratulations and happy ubuntu-ing :)

Jeshimon
February 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Its been long time since i wanted to try the Ubuntu however due to demand in my work I cant escape in windows. I just upgrade last couple of days to Windows 7, Im very much interested in Windows Virtual PC. For now Im currently install Ubuntu 9 inside Windows 7 via Windows Virtual Pc. So far everything runs smoothly.

Maybe some of you might think that I'm out of the topic however like what i said I really wanted to try Ubuntu without affecting my work. Im sure there someone out there wishes to try something different.

I tell you more when the install process was done.

I have a virtual Hard Drive with Ubuntu 9.10 that runs under Virtual PC 2007 SP1 on both Vista and XP, but I have experienced no joy with it under 'Windows Virtual PC' in Windows 7. I have tried everything I could find. It wont even let me into grub, and the console is some font the system doesn't have (think every character is a box). Any 'clues' would be greatley appreciated as I am clueless at this point.