PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installation problem thru wubi

ahaider7
November 24th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I am trying t install ubuntu 9.10 inside windows thru wubi. I am installing it from the desktop cd.

In the wubi dialog, i entered username, password, slected a proper drive and clicked Next.

It started copying installation files in hard drive and afterwards, it is stuck at stage Downloading information on installation files.

The progress bar has stopped at mid way. Nothing is happening now (no processing, no hard disk usage - everything is idle)

What should i do now? plz help

raynman
November 24th, 2009, 06:32 AM
If I am correctly understanding you, and your completely installing from cd. Make sure you check the cd in the ubuntu menu, when you run from cd. This was my biggest setback when trying to install ubuntu either clean install or with wubi. Run the Check disk sum (thingy( before every trying to install ubuntu from cd is my advice. It will make sure your cd is valid so your no that is not the issue.

plusnplus
November 24th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hi ahaider7,
My suggestion, try install it direct from cd (boot from cd). The installation process is easy to follow.
If install from cd, still idle during installation, most probably the cd is damage/ spoil