PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 install issue-Averatec 4100 series (Beginner)

amyahsmom
November 24th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Hello,

I am attempting to install ubuntu 9.10 on my Averatec 4100 series. It has an "invalid" Vista OS that I am attempting to overwrite. I have downloaded the program and burned the disc. Once I insert it into the computer and it boots, I get to step 5 of 6 "Who are you?" and cannot get past this.

What do I need to do??

raymondh
November 25th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hello,

I am attempting to install ubuntu 9.10 on my Averatec 4100 series. It has an "invalid" Vista OS that I am attempting to overwrite. I have downloaded the program and burned the disc. Once I insert it into the computer and it boots, I get to step 5 of 6 "Who are you?" and cannot get past this.

What do I need to do??

Hello and welcome,

Usually it will not proceed if the password's do not match.

Another reason may be a corrupted burn or CD which may be checked by verifying the md5 (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM) and afterwards, selecting 'check CD for defects' (one of the options in the boot page).

A 3rd option (which is usually a workaround for the graphic-heaviness, is to download and burn the alternate CD .... which is text-based instead of graphical.

I do not know much about "invalid" Vista's and its' interaction with Ubuntu (regardless of Versions). Sorry.

Regards,

ImJJames
December 23rd, 2009, 02:43 AM
had this problem just run installer on bootup not on livecd worked for me