PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] flash 10 does not show up in firefox addons

echo11381618
November 24th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I haven't had too much trouble so far downloading or installing plug-ins however I am still unable to get flash 10 to show up as a plug-in in the Firefox add-ons tool. I have downloaded and installed it twice but it still does not show up. shockwave on the other hand does show up. This doesn't help for files that require flash 10 (I don't think). Does anyone know of any way in which I can import the plug-in to Firefox so that I can use flash?

phillw
November 24th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I haven't had too much trouble so far downloading or installing plug-ins however I am still unable to get flash 10 to show up as a plug-in in the Firefox add-ons tool. I have downloaded and installed it twice but it still does not show up. shockwave on the other hand does show up. This doesn't help for files that require flash 10 (I don't think). Does anyone know of any way in which I can import the plug-in to Firefox so that I can use flash?

SSSHHH. don't tell him

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193567

lovinglinux keeps an excellent thread on all things FF

He's promised not to hate me for sending people over.
-Just joking, He's a really nice guy and has an excellent how-to area that he supports. If you cannot find the answer there, ask & it will be answered.

Regards,

Phill.

echo11381618
November 24th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty sure it fixed the problem and I have bookmarked the thread so I don't have to fill the help forums with questions that have already been answered.