PDA

View Full Version : Vote for my ubuntu mod-Intel core i7 finals!

waffletten
November 24th, 2009, 12:16 AM
All my fellow Ubuntu users!
Today I was notified that my mod entry for the Intel Core i7 Modding Competition made it to the final round for community voting. There are lots of cool entries so check them out! http://www.intelcorechallenge.com/moreinfo.cfm?submissionid=14DB8913-BC79-46C2-B1E3-C0C578C9ED99
If you feel like voting for yours truly, please do so, and be mindful that you are voting for the only mod that lists Ubuntu (9.10 netbook remix) as the primary OS. One other mod finalist uses Ubuntu as well (triple boot OSx, Windows, Ubuntu), be sure to check it out!
Either way, it would be great if a Ubuntu linux mod would win the Intel community choice award! Be sure to vote!

Thanks and have fun voting,

toupeiro
November 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
nice man! Did you buy the wooden box or build it?

waffletten
November 24th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I found the box in a antique store in Weimar, Germany. It was an old microscope objective holder from Karl Zeiss and I loved the patina (it is about 50 years old). It has the old style weight warnings on the side and beautiful steel fittings and I couldn't bring myself to sand and refinish it as the lovely old patina would have been ruined.

Glad you liked it. I had to rout a strip in the bottom front of the box on the underside so air can enter and put some little feet so it is off the surface about 1/4 inch. Intel only gave me the space for a few pics so I couldn't really show all the little details.

It was a lot of fun and I was surprised it even made it to the finals! I thought that my little atom230 would be excluded with all the watercooled i7's.

ZankerH
November 24th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Voting requires my name, email, location, and agreeing to a TOS form too long for me to read at 2 in the morning.

No thank you.

Other than that, it's a pretty sweet mod, and good luck to you in the competition.

Vadi
November 24th, 2009, 01:45 AM
voted!

CharlesA
November 24th, 2009, 01:49 AM
That is one schweet mod!