PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Booting liveCD fails.

CrAzYoNi
November 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Hi all :popcorn:,

I used Ubuntu 9.04 for the last 5 months, I decided yesterday to install from scratch Ubuntu 9.10.

But When I try to boot the liveCD (with \without safe graphics) my monitors (I tested on 2 monitors) provide me an error message (Samsung monitor: "Sync out of range", CMV provide me an error message regarding to a too-high resolution).

How can I solve it?

My system description:
CPU: Intel 2.4Ghz (1 core - old cpu, 6-7 years old).
RAM: 2Gb.
Mother board: Intel Silver Reef 2
Video card: Nvidia 7600GT based AGP x4.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

CrAzYoNi
November 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Any one?:\

phillw
November 23rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hi .... Start here and see how you get on

http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1327603

It's the most recent one I can find for 9.10 and your vid-card.

(You've got to love google, when U learn how to ask questions)

Regards,

Phill.

CrAzYoNi
November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for reply.
But I cannot use the post you gave me.
I cannot even start the liveCD(!!)... so I can't install any drivers yet :\

How can I start the liveCD with my hardware specs? is there any text-based (without gui) installation type? (maybe - and I don't aware of)

dhavalbbhatt
November 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for reply.
But I cannot use the post you gave me.
I cannot even start the liveCD(!!)... so I can't install any drivers yet :\

How can I start the liveCD with my hardware specs? is there any text-based (without gui) installation type? (maybe - and I don't aware of)

Try using the alternate installation CD. It is a text based insallation CD, so you won't have to worry about graphics. I will also add that there is nothing to worry about using the alternate installation CD, it's pretty much what you get in the desktop installation CD, only CLI based.

phillw
November 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Try using the alternate installation CD. It is a text based insallation CD, so you won't have to worry about graphics. I will also add that there is nothing to worry about using the alternate installation CD, it's pretty much what you get in the desktop installation CD, only CLI based.

cheers, dv. I've not done a text install yet - and whilst I could do it on my box - I really don't have the experience to 'talk' someone else through it.

Phill.