PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] panel right stick in gnome

desmane
November 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hi there,

I often switch between different screen resolutions and sometimes the applets on my taskbar that are supposed to stick on the right side change position. They move to the middle and also change the order, so that tray-icons appear on the very right instead of left to the clock.

I tried using gconf-editor and changed the applet values in /apps/panel/applets to panel right stick and changed the value of position to 0, 1, ..,n (counting from right to left) but they still get cluttered sometimes - even though I didn't touch them manually after setting up in gconf.

How to fix? Is it a bug?

ajgreeny
November 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
If you have not done so, try right clicking the icons and ticking the "Lock to panel". I would expect that to lock them all in place. If you've already done that, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

desmane
December 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
thanks but that doesn't solve it. :(

t.rei
August 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Such an old issue - having the same problem these days (dual screen, often switching panels) and even though I set the right stick option, they seem to forget on logout and move all over the panel...

Since I recently started moving my laptop around a lot, this is getting really annoying. :/

Resetting gnome panel configuration and all that did not help at all. :(