PDA

View Full Version : Can not instsall libgtk2.0-0 package

metaosp
February 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I tried to install libgtk2.0-dev package but with no luck:

$ sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libgtk2.0-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (= 2.8.6-0ubuntu2) but 2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

What's wrong? I do have libgtk2.0-0 install in my system:

$ dpkg -l libgtk2.0-0
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
pi libgtk2.0-0 2.8.6-0ubuntu2. The GTK+ graphical user interface library

I noticed that the prefix in dpkg -l output is 'pi' instead of 'ii', is this what cause the problem? How can I change it back to 'ii' ?

Thanks,
Metaosp

gord
February 21st, 2006, 12:56 AM
you need to enable extra repositorys (http://help.ubuntu.com/starterguide/C/faqguide-all.html#addinguniverse)

those dependacys are in the other repositorys that you need to enable, once you have done that just try again and it should work fine.

if you allready have done that it could just be that you need to update apt's package list
sudo apt-get update

metaosp
February 21st, 2006, 03:29 AM
I did enable all the extra repositorys... besides the package it depends (libgtk2.0-0) is already installed in my system. I wonder what exactly does "Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (= 2.8.6-0ubuntu2) but 2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 is to be installed" means? Does that mean I need 2.8.6-0ubuntu2 version of the package? The one that I already have is 2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1, why it says 'to be installed'?