PDA

View Full Version : Pure Xfce Karmic leaves Software Update error

majabl
November 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Okay. I've done the major updates to the site with regard to Karmic.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll slowly be combing through to clean up some other stuff.

Unfortunately, the restricted codec installation scene on Karmic is god-awful. It couldn't be completed. I filed bug reports, but it's already post-release. Bummer.

As someone for whom Xubuntu live CDs never seem to work, I'm reliant on your 'Pure XFCE' instructions to get me from a Ubuntu install to a Xubuntu install! Having done this for Karmic and having made no other changes to the installation, I'm getting some error messages from Software Update (or whatever it's called ... I'm typing this from my XP-booting work laptop) whenever it runs that includes reference to Ubuntu, so wondered if the 9.10 instructions were incomplete. If it helps, I can get you the exact error message next time I turn the Xubuntu machine on - let me know!

aysiu
November 23rd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, if you can post the exact error message, that'd help.

majabl
November 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Yes, if you can post the exact error message, that'd help.

Here you go!

wajidshah
April 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Pure XFCE Make your own Ubuntu remix. Troubleshooting ... Repositories contain software. Extra repositories give you extra software. ... For Ubuntu 8.04, you should substitute hardy for karmic ... You will get an error message saying that the public key isn't available for the Medibuntu repositories.