PDA

View Full Version : No Ubuntu One Music Store thread? Seriously?

Mr. Picklesworth
November 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Wow, this forum has been filled with talk about the default application selection, but there are no threads about the really exciting news: Canonical is working with an unnamed partner to create a music store with content from all the major labels, which will be available out of the box in Lucid, plugged in to Rhythmbox.

It will have DRM-free MP3 content. Really exciting stuff! :)

NoaHall
November 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Sigh. There's been plenty of threads. How about searching.

Mr. Picklesworth
November 22nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
I did. Evidently, the search function hates me :(

Sorry!

NoaHall
November 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
I did. Evidently, the search function hates me :P

Sorry!

It hates us all... Ubuntu Music site:ubuntuforums.org on google.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1328449

koenn
November 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
I did. Evidently, the search function hates me :(

but google is your friend :)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1328449

Mr. Picklesworth
November 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Ah, but that one is almost a week old. If I posted, it would get locked for necromancy.
(Just kidding!).

This one is after the real news has been outed :b

Anyway, I wish there was more optimism here. There is a lot of exciting stuff going on. A real ARM build, Chromium officially supported for said ARM build, plan to rearrange the games selection, cool server stuff, Quickly, Google using Xorg and Clutter for ChromiumOS (which means more support)...

samh785
November 23rd, 2009, 12:20 AM
ah, but that one is almost a week old. If i posted, it would get locked for necromancy.
(just kidding!).

This one is after the real news has been outed :b

anyway, i wish there was more optimism here. There is a lot of exciting stuff going on. A real arm build, chromium officially supported for said arm build, plan to rearrange the games selection, cool server stuff, quickly, google using xorg and clutter for chromiumos (which means more support)...
+1

joey-elijah
November 23rd, 2009, 12:32 AM
I think a lot of people still don't know what to make of this, which is why it is relatively quiet on this subject.

I'm still sure it's 7 Digital as the partner. They're the only company i e-mailed who didn't respond.*

*which doesn't mean toffee, but leave me alone :p

NoaHall
November 23rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I think a lot of people still don't know what to make of this, which is why it is relatively quiet on this subject.

I'm still sure it's 7 Digital as the partner. They're the only company i e-mailed who didn't respond.*

*which doesn't mean toffee, but leave me alone :p

I sure hope you're wrong, 7 digital sucks.