PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] install with XP - boot order?

windowsfree
November 22nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
If I install Ubuntu 9.10 with the option of installing it inside Windows XP, will it alter the boot order or will I have my regular Windows Boot and then launch it once windows is running?
If Ubuntu installs a boot loader with the option stated above can I alter it so it always will boot windows by default during the install process? I want to put this on a friends computer, but she doesn't want to have to choose between the two. She wants to turn on the PC and have her XP load as it does now.
Thanks

darkod
November 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
The option you are talking about, wubi install, will keep the windows bootloader but it will ADD ubuntu option to the menu. As far as I know you can not boot windows and then select to start ubuntu.
It will be installed inside windows similar to windows app, but you have to choose in windows bootloader.
And yes, windows will remain default so if nothing is touched it will boot into windows.

windowsfree
November 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
The option you are talking about, wubi install, will keep the windows bootloader but it will ADD ubuntu option to the menu. As far as I know you can not boot windows and then select to start ubuntu.
It will be installed inside windows similar to windows app, but you have to choose in windows bootloader.
And yes, windows will remain default so if nothing is touched it will boot into windows.
Thank you.