PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UCK ISO Image not taking

kamtaot
November 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
Hi there,

I am very much new to UCK and I am trying to create a customized image using UCK so that i can pass that to my brother who is big fan of windows. When I am trying to create the image, in the step 4 of UCK, it is saying "Please choose an ISO image to be used as the basis for your live CD". In this step I am selecting the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO image (ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso) downloaded from Ubuntu website. When I do that it displays a message saying that the "File /home/sri/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso does not seem to be a valid ISO9660 image". Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

nx2ho
November 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hi there,

I am very much new to UCK and I am trying to create a customized image using UCK so that i can pass that to my brother who is big fan of windows. When I am trying to create the image, in the step 4 of UCK, it is saying "Please choose an ISO image to be used as the basis for your live CD". In this step I am selecting the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO image (ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso) downloaded from Ubuntu website. When I do that it displays a message saying that the "File /home/sri/ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso does not seem to be a valid ISO9660 image". Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

In Sourceforge there is an update, uck 2.0.10. That allows continuing in spite of the error message. It is a .deb file, easy to install with gdebi.

alexjohnc3
November 23rd, 2009, 04:31 AM
What is the cause of this problem, though?