PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

shadowlands
November 22nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
I AM DUAL BOOTING WITH WINDOWS XP. I AM DOING THE DORA DANCE. I WAS SO SCARED I WOULD MUCK IT UP ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLU1BBTe40

I have to reset stuff but after losing a 14 page paper once -- lets say God is :p not the only one who saves.

Small victory but it is a victory no less.

dragos240
November 22nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Cool story bro!

steveneddy
November 22nd, 2009, 02:23 AM
I AM DUAL BOOTING WITH WINDOWS XP. I AM DOING THE DORA DANCE. I WAS SO SCARED I WOULD MUCK IT UP ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLU1BBTe40

I have to reset stuff but after losing a 14 page paper once -- lets say God is :p not the only one who saves.

Show us video of YOU doing the dance.

ZankerH
November 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM
Is that a religious reference in the first post? Get the forum police!

:popcorn:

NoaHall
November 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM
Show us video of YOU doing the dance.

That's what I thought the link was.

Giant Speck
November 22nd, 2009, 03:30 AM
Cool story bro!

Fail attempt at meme is fail.

dragos240
November 22nd, 2009, 03:33 AM
fail attempt at meme is fail.

T_T. I have failed!

lisati
November 22nd, 2009, 03:43 AM
is that a religious reference in the first post? Get the forum police!

:popcorn:

yes? :)

Frak
November 22nd, 2009, 03:58 AM
T_T. I have failed!
It happens.

Rainstride
November 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
T_T. I have failed!

the game.;)

The Toxic Mite
November 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
fail attempt at meme is fail.

+1

shadowlands
November 22nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
I would give you that video but it goes against:popcorn: my contract not to break the stereotype that certain folk are born with rhythm :D

clanky
November 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I would give you that video but it goes against:popcorn: my contract not to break the stereotype that certain folk are born with rhythm :D

I lol'd

Dual boot is the way forward, it makes me laugh when people say "Yay I just wiped windows off my computer" as if that was something good.

quinnten83
November 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Dude, Awesome!!!!

Naiki Muliaina
November 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
I lol'd

Dual boot is the way forward, it makes me laugh when people say "Yay I just wiped windows off my computer" as if that was something good.

In some cases it is ^^

Not all... But some ^^

clanky
November 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
In some cases it is ^^

Not all... But some ^^

The only case I can see where deleting something useful can be good is if it was on there illegally in the first place.

If you want to use Linux then you can dual boot with Windows and just leave windows on there, even if you never use it, at the very least the next time an update breaks something you can go and google a fix for it in windows.

Naiki Muliaina
November 22nd, 2009, 11:56 PM
The only case I can see where deleting something useful can be good is if it was on there illegally in the first place.

If you want to use Linux then you can dual boot with Windows and just leave windows on there, even if you never use it, at the very least the next time an update breaks something you can go and google a fix for it in windows.

Clears space on a hard drive :)

clanky
November 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Clears space on a hard drive :)

I don't think i have ever had a PC where i have even come close to filling a hard drive. It does help that I keep all my po, er i mean music on a separate drive I guess.

Naiki Muliaina
November 23rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
I used to repeatedly on laptops with 40 gig hard drives ^^

My old lappy is still going strong, but the drive keeps fillin up till i transfer all my sh.... shtuff onto my main PC :) Deleting XP (something i hadnt used on the laptop for 5 years at the time) just kinda made sense....

On my desktops, i self build and Windows never gets on them. I have an XP disc, but tbh, Linux does everything i need, and i need it to do a lot. I dont just browse the web and play Second Life.

Sometimes people celebrate cause they have made their PC's free'd to open source software.

Sometimes people are just silly and as you say 'delete a use full tool'.

shadowlands
November 23rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
I had no choice but to switch. My computer just crashed one day and the disk they sold me with my computer would not recognize the windows program. I just hopped down to B est Buy and got Ubuntu. I was so pissed with Microsoft!! I can run programs on Microsoft but I can not connect to the net. Missing network adapters. I still need to fix that but I can use the adaptive learning software that will not work with linux and my son can play learning games that will not work on Linux.

Exodist
November 23rd, 2009, 02:58 AM

Most epic tale chap!

stinger30au
November 23rd, 2009, 03:53 AM

yeah its not too tough
just read the instructions when ubuntu installs and even a 4 year old could do it

well im glad u had success with it

tomorrow you can do it to everyone elses pc in your city, then go forth and conquer the world my new founded powerful geek person :D

Tipped OuT
November 23rd, 2009, 05:09 AM
Fail attempt at meme is fail.

lmao

I love it when people post like that.

shadowlands
November 23rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yep I am going to be one powerfuol three year old.:P;)
yeah its not too tough
just read the instructions when ubuntu installs and even a 4 year old could do it

well im glad u had success with it

tomorrow you can do it to everyone elses pc in your city, then go forth and conquer the world my new founded powerful geek person :D