PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Right click on the file browser with no empty space

boosis
November 22nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Hi there,

Let's say you are browsing a directory with the file browser (i think it's called nautilus). And the you have 200 files which fills up the pane. And you want to create a folder, or you just want to run a command from right click menu. Because there is no space available, when I right click it only shows the commands for the selected file/directory.

Or you want to drag and drop a file the the directory which you are already in. again same thing happens. You have to drop the file on to another file or folder.

is there spacial place where I can do these?

Hope it makes sense :)

boosis
November 22nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Am I the only one having this problem?

emigrant
November 22nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
the right clicking options for the folder are still available through the menu (file, edit, view etc...)

as for drag and drop you can either drop it on the folder name ( marked '1' in the screenshot) or change the viewing way (marked '2' in the screenshot)

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5747/screenshotdocumentsfile.png

fluxbuntu
November 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
I have the same problem using pcmanfm. Sometimes it's just easier to use icon view for a moment then switch back to list view. Otherwise I'm trying to find a file to drop a folder on to so it adds the folder and doesn't put it inside whatever folder I'm hovering above.

boosis
November 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
That's what I was afraid of :)

Thanks.