PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Vista disables bluetooth driver

cintaboo
November 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM
I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 - the Karmic Koala on my Dell E1505 running Vista Home Premium.

I did get my wireless working and my bluetooth mouse working fine.

I found that after I boot back into Vista, then back to Ubuntu my bluetooth driver is disabled/hidden and I can't find a way to get the bluetooth driver to show up again.

When I open Hardware Drivers the Broadcom STA Wireless Driver is still in the list but the driver for the bluetooth is gone.

I did not run any updates after installation thinking this was causing the problem, but it's just the fact of booting into Vista. As long as I just boot into Ubuntu the driver for the bluetooth is fine.

Any ideas?

cintaboo
November 22nd, 2009, 05:05 AM
I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 - the Karmic Koala on my Dell E1505 running Vista Home Premium.

I did get my wireless working and my bluetooth mouse working fine.

I found that after I boot back into Vista, then back to Ubuntu my bluetooth driver is disabled/hidden and I can't find a way to get the bluetooth driver to show up again.

When I open Hardware Drivers the Broadcom STA Wireless Driver is still in the list but the driver for the bluetooth is gone.

I did not run any updates after installation thinking this was causing the problem, but it's just the fact of booting into Vista. As long as I just boot into Ubuntu the driver for the bluetooth is fine.

Any ideas?

From some miracle, the bluetooth is working again. All I did was install the suggested security updates and recommended updates. Guess something fixed it.

cintaboo
November 23rd, 2009, 03:20 AM
From some miracle, the bluetooth is working again. All I did was install the suggested security updates and recommended updates. Guess something fixed it.

Just an update, I booted into Ubuntu and the bluetooth was disabled AGAIN. So I booted into Vista, then a system RESTART, selected Ubuntu from the multiboot menu, and the bluetooth was enabled again.

Its' working, little quirky to get it running but it's working.