PDA

View Full Version : Support of new hardware creates flat satisfation curve

nss0000
November 21st, 2009, 06:10 AM
Gents:

In migrating ( under duress ) from 9.04 to KK_9.1 I was surprised at how well Ubuntu is supporting "current" hardware. My MSI_790-gd70 / AMD_965 kit have only been out several months yet KK_9.1 supported them without issue.
I then noted the reported "satisfaction" levels among those who updated/upgraded to KK_9.1 ... it's fairly split among good/indifferent/bad between the two migration paths. I would have thought the "bads" would overwhelm, but something prompted the successful migrators to report equally.

Can this "good" response be from new-kit builders like myself just plain SHOCKED that KK_9.1 works so well ?

tgalati4
November 21st, 2009, 06:47 AM
Under duress? Somehow FOSS and duress can't coexist.

The forums didn't melt under KK's duress. So yes, things are getting better.

Bucky Ball
November 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Gents?

cariboo
November 21st, 2009, 07:13 AM
Even though MSI doesn't support Linux, I have used their hardware for years, and never had a problem getting the hardware detected out of the box. The only thing I ever have had to spend some time getting to work was a Broadcom based wireless PCI card. Once setup it worked flawlessly for about 6 years. When the computer suffered a catastrophic power supply failure it took the wireless card out too, or I'd still be using it.