PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade stops with Xulrunner-1.9.1

saborlas
November 21st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Hoo boy. I'm trying to upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic, but the process seems to have gotten stuck. It's gotten to xulrunner-1.9.1, but it's been supposedly configuring it for 45 minutes without actually accessing my hard drive (no hard drive light flicker or hard drive access noises).

Even expanding the terminal view doesn't help. It claims to be setting it up, but it's been stuck there without anything even remotely resembling an error message or progress. Bar says that it has an hour and 2 minutes remaining, and has said that ever since it hit xulrunner.

Any idea how to extract myself from this situation?

UPDATE: Never mind, I found a couple of threads that got me through this. It was an ugly solution... Ctrl-C to skip that particular bit of the upgrade, manually delete the offending program, reboot in recovery mode and let it auto-install the offending program without whatever stumbling block the GUI was throwing in my way. It's all gravy, now. Thanks for any brain cycles dedicated to solving my problem. At least you got some mental exercise.

And remember: Koalas may be cute, but they can ROAR. ^_^