PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 wont read ubuntu usb

rjt11890
November 21st, 2009, 02:19 AM
I have an Asus Eeepc 1008ha with windows 7. I downloaded Ubuntu Netbook Remix and wrote it into a USB flash drive. When I start up my netbook with the USB attached, windows 7 doesnt give me the option to boot from usb. It just goes straight into windows 7. Im trying to install ubuntu, please help.

doas777
November 21st, 2009, 02:24 AM
well, you need to go into your system bios or "Setup" to enable usb booting, and place it at the top of the boot order. you can enter your bios just after powering on (usually the first screen).

prshah
November 21st, 2009, 03:07 AM
windows 7 doesnt give me the option to boot from usb. It just goes straight into windows 7

Booting options are controlled by the BIOS, not Windows 7. You can enter the BIOS with the F2 (usually, on eeePCs), or you can just keep tapping ESC as soon as your computer powers up (before the Windows 7 logo), and a menu will popup; you can choose your USB drive from that menu if it is recognized, and Ubuntu will boot up.

If it still doesn't work, maybe your USB flash drive is not correctly setup? What guide did you follow to setup the USB flash drive?

rjt11890
November 22nd, 2009, 04:39 AM
ok thanks. i got it to work. i had to update my asus BIOS