PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird bar in desktop bottom

HotDrive
November 20th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Good day all.

Today I changed the position of my taskbar from the bottom to the top of my desktop and found a weird semi-transparent bar there (on the bottom of the desktop).
It stays there, with time and date on it's right side and everytime I open an application, a minimized "task icon" appears there. If I left click the "task icon" the application minimizes or maximizes. If I right click the "task icon" the application closes.
Anyone knows what it is, from where it came and how can I get rid of it?
Picture of it attached.

Thanks.

Shazaam
November 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
It looks like tint2. Cool app btw. Did you ever install it?

HotDrive
November 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I did, but since it has no desktop interface, don't really know how to use it. I'm on a quest to make my menus and taskbar transparent (but only the background, not the icons too). It wasn't been easy.
Managed to get a lot of things transparent (window borders, start menu, drop down menus, etc) with Compiz Config, but never what I really want. Everything turns transparent but I only want backgrounds to go transparent, not icons and menu options. :(

Shazaam
November 21st, 2009, 12:35 AM
tint2 is basically a "window-list" bar with a clock. Great for those dock apps that don't have a decent one included (or one that is very small). When I was running Cairo-dock and a few others it came in very handy. Either autohide the panels or remove them and run your favorite dock and tint2 together.
For configuration go to /home/yourname/.config/tint2/tint2rc The "." in the folder name means it's hidden so CTRL+H to unhide.

HotDrive
November 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the hint. I don't use docks apps that much but I'll keep that in mind in case I use one in the future.