PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 on Parallels virtual desktop??

dec!"`
November 20th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I installed UBUNTU 9.04 on a Intel based Mac via Parallels virtual desktop, it went fine. But, at the first start up I was asked for a username and password which I had not set up yet. How can i enter it? I already tried to enter a username and password of my choice but it was not accepted. PLEASE HELP!

3Miro
November 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
During the install of Ubuntu, it asks you for your name. It selects your first name as default user name (unless you change it on the second row). If your name is John Smith, your user name is probably john.

Then it asks for password and then to verify that. I don't know what happens if you don't provide a password, it should just not let you go on, but it may also set the machine with no password (it shouldn't be doing this, it is a bad idea).

Try to remember what you entered on the screen that asks for your name or try your first name + some possible passwords. If it doesn't work, you may have to reinstall the virtual machine.

dec!"`
November 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM
This has been sorted.
Thanks a lot.
As I was also trying to install Red Hat, I remembered the username and password to enter. It is the same as when I first install Parallels.