PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Apply Splash screen

r.mariappan
November 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Thru the system settings I downloaded a splash screen to try. Unfortunately, I do not know where it was downloaded to. Any ideas?
Also please tell how to apply that splash screen
Thanks

ajgreeny
November 20th, 2009, 06:17 PM
What sort of splash screen are you talking about? There are grub splash screens, usplash, and others.

If you used synaptic to download and install it, go to that and look at the properties of the package, where you can see a listing of files installed. That should tell you where they are.

Just noticed you use Kubuntu. That may be a bit different, but my suggestion is still worth looking at.

r.mariappan
November 21st, 2009, 06:37 AM
It is not the grub splash image. I am talking about the splash image which is shown during loading KDE

wd5gnr
November 28th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I have had the same problem since KDE4. You download extras and they appear to download but just never show up anywhere. As a work around you can go to kde-look.org download directly and install from a file. But I agree that's not really the answer.

Oh and if you look in ~/.kde/share/apps/ksplash/Themes you will see it downloads some HTML file instead of the actual file. So probably should report that as a bug I guess.