PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Deleted Bottom tool bar and Kicker Icon

Rifester
November 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I was trying to add a few items to the bottom tool bar, then move them. The tool bar and kicker in the lower left corner disappeared. How do I restore them in the new KDE?

Thanks!

Ascenti0n
November 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM
so you have no toolbars on your KDE desktop?

Zorael
November 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Right click your desktop and pick Add Panel (unlock widgets first if locked). Once it's up, right click it and pick Add Widgets, then find Application Menu in the list and add it back.

If it's not responding when you're right-clicking the desktop, Plasma might have crashed. Hit Alt+F2 and run 'plasma-desktop', then retry the above if needed.

Rifester
November 20th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Correct, I no longer have the tool bar across the bottom of the monitor (so I cannot see the clock, open windows, or the "K" button you hit to launch the menus. There is no gray bar across the bottom. I tried the alt-f2 and run plasma-desktop but it does not find plasma desktop...

Rifester
November 21st, 2009, 12:17 AM
I got it figured out. I had to create a new panel and add the necessary widgets.
Thanks!

007casper
March 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
I had the same problem. I created a new panel, and add widgets. Still have a few issues.

However, I cant move widgets around in kde like in gnome.

Also I can see list of active programs at the bottom.

And how can I get virtual desktop icon back.

Please, advise. Thank you

007casper
March 24th, 2010, 02:44 AM
I figured it out. You need to play with the kicker panel settings.

However, I still cant add virtual desktop. I see some people have four, and other two.

I initially had only two. I cant find it in the widget list. I looked several times.

Does anyone know how I can get two, or four virtual desktop.

Thank you.

benerivo
March 24th, 2010, 07:47 AM
System Settings > Desktop > Multiple Desktops

(or Alt+F2 and type multiple)

007casper
March 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM
thank you.

This might be very obvious but how do I put it on to bottom kicker panel?

I looked through widgets I dont see it. I have been trying to figure that out...

benerivo
March 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
There's a widget called Pager that will allow you to control your virtual desktops.

macogw
March 26th, 2010, 10:39 PM
The pager widget may show as its icon on the "add a widget" screen 4 areas, but that doesn't mean it'll force you to use 4. That's totally configurable.

Also: you can drag just about any widget on the desktop onto the panel and vice versa.

007casper
March 27th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Awesome!!!!

Thank you so much. I got it working.