PDA

View Full Version : C/C++ IDE & Anjuta Code completion?

veraction
February 20th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Trying to find a IDE for C/C++.

Preferably wanted Eclipse but when I followed their directions for installing CDK by doing Help->Software Updates->Find And Install, I get errors (http://ezenu.rh.rit.edu/ss.png) (and it doesn't work) cause apparently my install is f'ed up (I used Breezy's Applications->Add Applications tool. (note my Eclipse works fine with java/cvs projects)

Then tried KDevelop, but apparently it relied on Konsole (and I don't like KDE stuff - bad experiences w/ it), so gave up.

Now am trying Anjuta and it seems to work, but its code completion sucks for me. I want to be able to (for example) have a vector v and type "v." to get a list of all functions applicable to vectors. Note it does work for size (after I type "v.siz" ).

Any ideas?

gord
February 21st, 2006, 12:59 AM
'this porridge is too hot!' ;)

id suggest waiting for anjuta 2 to come out or just get used to the way anjuta/kdevelop/eclipse work. id recomed setting up eclipse yourself by downloading it from the actual website and not use the ones provided by ubuntu, iv heard people have had problems with them n iv never had problems with the ones from the website. (i use anjuta btw)