PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia Dispaly Width and Hight 9.10 64bit

MultiBox
November 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Dear all,

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit on my Asrock AS330 ION based nettop. It is the HT edition with remote control. This is connected to my TV (AOC).

Everything is working, nvidia driver loaded however I have a very stupid problem.

When I use the VGA connector (D-SUB) it will not recognize my TV So it moves to resolution 640x480 ... that is a ****** resolution to work on ... for example the nvidia settings sceen is bigger so it starts flipping when clicking somewhere on the form ... only keyboardwise you can change things ... however the display is correct and it uses the entire screen of my TV.

The HDMI output will work on the TV screen (my prefered connection) however here I have another problem. I can use high resolutions however all modes have the same problem. The screen area width and hight is bigger then my tv ... so the menubar and topbar is there and when i move my mouse out of the screen area I can click it etc however it is not displayed ... I can not change the hight and width of my TV screen (zoom function exists however it is going from bad display to very bad :) ) There is no way to display the complete screen ...

now in early days I remember you could change the width and hight of the output signal in the drivers settings ... however I can't find them in the nvidia driver setttings

I use .185 driver for nvida.

When not using the hardware accelerated nvidia driver ... just X default driver I can work using 1024*768 over VGA without the size problems ...

So can someone give me a solution for OR A OR B :-) that would be very very nice :)

Rest works as a shine :) remotecontrol not tested yet ...