PDA

View Full Version : yet another linux review...this one is actually funny

cespinal
November 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.cracked.com/funny-1039-linux/

enjoy! :)

Sand & Mercury
November 20th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I have a hard time calling it a review, but it brought a few smiles to my face. Fun article.

3rdalbum
November 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM
The flowchart was funny. I think a lot of people install 18 incorrect packages before they actually manage to install the Flash one.

RabbitWho
November 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM
That flow chart is ridiculous. It's just a bunch of sections of text in boxes randomly linked together. It doesn't have any reason for being formatted like that at all, and it doesn't work properly as a flow chart.

For example: "What's a root?" - "Oh for Christ's sake" - "The installation disk you burned earlier"

How are those things linked? Idiocy!

And the article is like a poor parody of comic writing a 14 year old would make.

koleoptero
November 20th, 2009, 03:03 PM
That flow chart is ridiculous. It's just a bunch of sections of text in boxes randomly linked together. It doesn't have any reason for being formatted like that at all, and it doesn't work properly as a flow chart.

For example: "What's a root?" - "Oh for Christ's sake" - "The installation disk you burned earlier"

How are those things linked? Idiocy!

And the article is like a poor parody of comic writing a 14 year old would make.
It is funny though, isn't it?:D

Keyper7
November 20th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I do agree that flowchart-formatted jokes are funnier when they are actually flowcharts (http://xkcd.com/518/).

But the "...or a Mac user" did make me laugh out loud.

samh785
November 20th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Gotta love cracked.com :D

Hyper Tails
November 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
lol that a good step-by-step for setting up Linux

LOLOLOL

undecim
November 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I saw this one this morning. This is actually quite a bit nicer to the subject matter than most of Cracked's topics.

cascade9
November 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
LOL.

Wait a sec, I didnt follow any of those steps. *thinks* OK, well, I just skipped the 'download 18 packages' and decided that flash wasnt worth bothering with.

Before anyone thinks I'm just lazy, I only installed flash on windows every 2nd or 3rd install. Flash sucketh most profound.

Mighty_Joe
November 20th, 2009, 04:33 PM
GNU/Linux operating systems can come in a huge variety of flavors, many of which more or less contain the same software, leading one to wonder if these people are just ******* with you

That's comedy gold right there :D

cespinal
November 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
I just thought It was cool to see linux taken into account even @ at humor site like this one :)

And look!, they even say positive things about it..
Nicks and dings aside, I still think Ubuntu and others have nothing to envy from MacOS

stinger30au
November 21st, 2009, 01:17 PM
lol

themusicalduck
November 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Haha, I'm one of those who installed 18 different version of flash when I first tried Ubuntu out.

I was completely expecting Cracked to slate it through to the end, but it's nice of them to say some positive things at the end of the article.