PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gdesklets wont remove completely

llawwehttam
November 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I installed the package Gdesklets earlier just to see what it was like after finding it in the add/remove programs menu.

Personally I didn't like it (not saying its not a good program) but while installing it the Debconf first configuration box came up. I exited it as I saw no reason why It should open but on trying to remove the package Gdesklets It came back and then crashed and now Synaptic is saying the program was not completely removed.

Firstly why did Debconf pop up and secondly how do I now clean up the files left behind?

ajgreeny
November 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I have no idea about the debconf point in your question, but to uninstall properly try reinstalling, noting any other dependencies it brings in, then use synaptic to "Completely remove" all that was installed. You could also try to use the Status button on the left of the synaptic window, and then choose "Not installed (residual config)" and see if you can get rid of any bits left behind. See my screenshot for details, just in case you don't know this is available.