PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video Card nVidia GeForce 8400M GS processor - Built-in Camera

aspyrides
November 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hello!

I have nVidia GeForce 8400M GS processor installed on my pc and I need the drivers. I tried to do some effects (the 3d cube compiz-fusion effect) and it didn't work..

My pc is an hp pavilion dv6770se and I also can't find its built-in webcam drivers too.

Help me please as I am very new at the linux! :/

Tamlynmac
November 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
A little more additional information would help.

Please, post what version of Ubuntu you using and have you checked "system/administration/hardware drivers" to see if any proprietary drivers need to be loaded and turned on? Usually, NVIDIA cards need a proprietary driver for 3d and effects.

aspyrides
November 20th, 2009, 03:55 AM
hi

i used the hardware drivers and i installed successfuly the driver but the effect is still not working...when i open the hardware drivers, it comes up with too drivers and it recomends me the earlier version. i installed that and it doesnt work.

im using ubuntu 9.10

Tamlynmac
November 20th, 2009, 05:07 AM
aspyrides

I'm still running 9.01 (haven't upgraded, nor do I intend to in the near future). Hopefully, someone else that's using 9.10 with NVIDIA will get involved and provide some assistance.

Have you performed a search of the help sections? Perhaps the answer is already available.

If nothing else this will bump your thread.

Good Luck

andrea000
November 20th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Do you also have a Intel integrated video card also?These sometimes
interfere with compiz.So if you do run compiz in your terminal and
post the output.

applications->accessories->terminal

compiz

That may point to something you could also run compiz check there
is a link and instructions at the bottom of my post.