PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] karmic - desktop screen black but with panels

tunznath
November 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hi
Karmic worked well-ish but now I cannot see my desktop background anymore, and when I click desktop, or any drive it says opening and then doesnt display, also before this happened I saw my desktop but all my desktop icons dissappeared,so i booted windows and i can see my desktop and all the desktop icons and files and hard drives through windows, so i restarted ubuntu it did a file check and then my wallpaper was gone and i had a black screen??????? and still cant access harddrives or desktop files or icons, it still says opening XXXXXX
BTW applications work on the black desktop and changing the appearance background and themes doesnt help
any ideas

tunznath
November 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
OK removed K9 copy and i now have a desktop background but just had "sorry program nautilus closed unexpectedly" - damn right unexpectedly - wish i could go back to hardy!!!!
what a mistake karmic was

tunznath
November 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
still dont have any desktop foldersa or icons and cannot access places >any harddrives or usb drives, or even places>documents or places>music
whats up here???

tunznath
November 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
hardy on my laptop is as solid as a rock, not upgrading laptop, and was also on the desktop - i only upgraded the desktop to karmic because the wireless worked better