PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yeah!

LinuxFanBoi
November 19th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Just got an e-mail from Cox Communications announcing that my premiere Internet service package has been upgraded from 12 Mbps to 18 Mbps, and that there will soon be a 50 Mbps package available.

Now I know that some Asian countries have had 100Mbps Fiber for years, but this is huge for me!

Tipped OuT
November 19th, 2009, 03:18 AM
http://www.verypink.com/Images/jingles/koolaidman.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist. lol

The Funkbomb
November 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
This is me grumbling :-x

I am so fed up with my ISP right now, it's not even funny. Only cable company in the area. They've completely oversold their network. After fixing the broken cable modem, which they tried to claim was everything other than the cable modem, I still have barely usable internet access during on peak hours. Not only that, but they wanted to send a tech out and if it wasn't a problem with their equipment, they would charge me their tech rates. That means any splitter, co-ax cable, router, ethernet cable, etc would mean I pay for the whole thing. Pretty much all they're responsible for is the line running into my house and the cable modem itself.

I tested my cable this morning. 12Mb/s down, 2 up. I test it right now, .5 down, 2 up.

Have fun with your awesome speeds. I'll be over here in a terrible mood :-x

northwestuntu
November 19th, 2009, 03:39 AM
http://www.verypink.com/Images/jingles/koolaidman.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist. lol

that will never get old :p

scouser73
November 19th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Just got an e-mail from Cox Communications announcing that my premiere Internet service package has been upgraded from 12 Mbps to 18 Mbps, and that there will soon be a 50 Mbps package available.

Now I know that some Asian countries have had 100Mbps Fiber for years, but this is huge for me!

Nice one.

pwnst*r
November 19th, 2009, 05:32 AM

so.. what do you plan on doing with the extra bandwidth?

Tipped OuT
November 19th, 2009, 05:38 AM
so.. what do you plan on doing with the extra bandwidth?

What ever the hell he wants!

Lol I joke, I joke. :p

kyuubi777
November 19th, 2009, 05:40 AM
3mbs connect speed... :( .... agv down speed doesn't breech 200kbs.. the highest i've seen it ever has been 450kbs... that was about the coolest day in my life so far... besides the day i installed my first linux distro

Psumi
November 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I am glad that you have received good fortune in this life, I too, hope to have the same success in the near future.

openuniverse
November 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM