PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Installation problem

affableindia
November 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm trying to install ubuntu its not getting install. its struck on the opening screen, even i have tried to select all the options except the last option

1. Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer
2. Install Ubuntu
3. Check disc for defects
4. Test memory
5. Boot from first hard disk

i'm using compaq presario c700

Seraphim x
November 18th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to install ubuntu its not getting install. its struck on the opening screen, even i have tried to select all the options except the last option

1. Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer
2. Install Ubuntu
3. Check disc for defects
4. Test memory
5. Boot from first hard disk

i'm using compaq presario c700

Do the 2 tests (option 3 and 4) check out ok? I have had this problem a few times and found that the .iso I downloaded was bad...

affableindia
November 18th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Okay Seraphim i will try as you said

affableindia
November 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Do the 2 tests (option 3 and 4) check out ok? I have had this problem a few times and found that the .iso I downloaded was bad...
Option 4. "Test memory" is working but option 3. "Check disc for defects" is not working. i have tried to install CentOS is installing fine. But i don't know why its not installing please someone help me out. i like to work with Ubuntu but its not happening for me.

Malac
November 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
If it won't even do the disk check then it may be a bad disk burn.
Try burning the disk at 4x speed and make sure you use a CD-R not an RW.

Hope this helps.

affableindia
November 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Hope this helps.
Thank you Malac i have followed as you said, now its working, thank you so much. i have trying to install for the past 3 weeks now i can see the next step once again thank you so much.

Sridhar
affableindia@gmail.com

affableindia
November 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Hope this helps.
Thank you Malac finally i have successfully installed ubuntu. Thanks a lot Malac and Seraphim

cook1965
November 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malac

Hope this helps.

I to am having installation problems with 9.10 I'm able to burn the ISO. and when I goto installe either through windows or a boot-up it seems to hang. I did burn my ISO. to a cd-rw. would that cause problems? The main problem with my installation is that when I boot into 9.10 i get a line that say's well I forget but it say's something to the effect as a disk drive or something.

Xog
November 19th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malac

Hope this helps.

I to am having installation problems with 9.10 I'm able to burn the ISO. and when I goto installe either through windows or a boot-up it seems to hang. I did burn my ISO. to a cd-rw. would that cause problems? The main problem with my installation is that when I boot into 9.10 i get a line that say's well I forget but it say's something to the effect as a disk drive or something.

have you checked the MD5Hash

cook1965
November 20th, 2009, 01:11 AM
have you checked the MD5Hash

ok, i give. what and how do I check the MD5Hash?

Xog
November 20th, 2009, 03:09 AM
ok, i give. what and how do I check the MD5Hash?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Malac
November 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I did burn my ISO. to a cd-rw. would that cause problems
Yes, I have always had some sort of problem with boot disks burned to CD-RW's instead of CD-R's same goes for DVD-RW instead of DVD-R.
I would recommend to burn boot disks of any OS at no more than 4x and only on CD-R.

The MD5 check is a good idea too. :)

Good Luck.

affableindia
November 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM
hi,

i have successfully installed ubuntu, its working fine. And installed FileZilla, need to install xampp but i don't know how to install. in Microsoft Windows i usually use xampp but in ubuntu is there any other software like xampp. or how to install xampp on ubuntu

pullmoll
November 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
in Microsoft Windows i usually use xampp but in ubuntu is there any other software like xampp. or how to install xampp on ubuntu

Since XAMPP is just an acronym which stands for X = operating system (= L for Linux, you have it), A = apache, M = mysql, P = perl (probably already there) and P = PHP, you just have to install the listed packages to your system to have LAMPP.

audiomick
November 24th, 2009, 01:18 PM
2 minutes in wikipedia found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP_%28software_bundle%29

affableindia
November 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM
as per you said i got this link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

i will follow these steps to install LAMP.