PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome problem after upgrade to 9.10

my_wing
November 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I upgrade my ubuntu from 9.04 to 9.10 using alternative CD. I think an error had appeared, however the install was complete and I am sure I am on 9.10. Since all the desktop icon changed to 9.10 theme as well. However I think the error broken part of GOME. The following I can't do so far in ubuntu

Normally when I open Nautilus and the I type letters of the file I need, it will jump to the file with the letters typed in. However after upgrade to 9.10. I can't do that

Usually I go to internet by 3G, using my old Motorola V6 Maxx as a modem. Now I loss internet at home as well now. Normally there is a Radio button where I can connect to internet. However now, the Radio button disappear and everytime I click on my 3G connection in nm-applet, it said I disconnect from my GSM modem, while the connection never established.

I try the following:
-gksudo nm-connection-editor not 100% remember the command)
-I can set my 3G network provider (i.e. Vodacom)
-I can detect my modem as the drug down box allows me to select Motorola V6 Maxx even I delete my connection previously.
-I can detect my modem by enter nm-tools in terminal
-I set up the connection to be used by all users and start automatically and restart the machine. However still no connection.
-If I use gksudo to start nm-connection-editor it allows me to edit configuration, however if I start in on the desktop, I can't edit configuration (however can delete), and request me an authorisation and even I put in my root password, it fail to allow me to enter the windows that can change configure.

Question
Is there is way that I can manually connect my modem using command for nm-*
Is there a way to fix my desktop without re-install
Should I re-install all packages in order to fix my desktop