PDA

View Full Version : [other] Configure Router Via Terminal

Shamess707
November 18th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Is it possible to edit my router's settings via the terminal in Ubuntu? I have a linksys WRT110.

Thanks

dmizer
November 18th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Is it possible to edit my router's settings via the terminal in Ubuntu? I have a linksys WRT110.

Thanks

No. According to the specs on that router, you can only configure it via HTTP, HTTPS, or UPnP. Some routers allow configuration via tellnet, but the wrt110 does not unless you're running alternative firmware.

Shamess707
November 18th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Well that is a shame, Thank you very much.

Shamess707
November 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Alright lets say I have a WRT54Gv6 that is running DD-WRT firmware? I am attempting to follow there wiki but it appears to be missing some steps

Iowan
November 19th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Is it possible to edit my router's settings via the terminal in Ubuntu? I'm curious why you'd want/need to. There are text-mode browsers (like elinks). I managed to use elinks with phpMyAdmin on my server - but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

dmizer
November 19th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Alright lets say I have a WRT54Gv6 that is running DD-WRT firmware? I am attempting to follow there wiki but it appears to be missing some steps

The DD-WRT wiki is very thorough: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Telnet/SSH_and_the_Command_Line

Shamess707
November 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
The DD-WRT wiki is very thorough: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Telnet/SSH_and_the_Command_Line

I attempted to follow that page but under my services tab there is no Enable SSHd option. I am running version 24 of dd-wrt. I apologize for continuing the issues I realize that this is in fact a Ubuntu forum.

I am more just curious about the issues, it is not really a necessity

dmizer
November 19th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I attempted to follow that page but under my services tab there is no Enable SSHd option. I am running version 24 of dd-wrt. I apologize for continuing the issues I realize that this is in fact a Ubuntu forum.

I am more just curious about the issues, it is not really a necessity

Indeed, you're better off taking this discussion over to the DD-WRT community because they're more likely to give you specific help. I have no experience with DD-WRT, so all I can do is point you at the Wiki.