PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Continue a Mini CD install?

Gamma6
November 18th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I downloaded the PPC 9.10 mini cd install of Ubuntu. It booted great on my iBook Indigo Clamshell!
At the command I typed in "install" or something rather and worked through it until I got to "install and select software". When it gave me the options, I ticked "Xubuntu Desktop" and at 91% my computer shut off. I forgot to charge!
It told me the base system was installed though. But it won't boot to it! I was wondering if I could continue the install from "install and select software" or if not make it boot from the base system that has already been installed so I can manually install the Xubuntu Desktop.

Things to note:
- Installed on a iBook Clamshell Indigo 366mhz, 364mb ram, 10 GB hard disk
- Guided install (used whole disk)
- Crashed at additional software install during Xubuntu Desktop download at 91%
- It uses yaboot or something

I REALLY don't want to redo the install as we don't have a lot of internet each month and I simply can't be wasting it.

Gamma6
November 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Gah please help I've been trying to get my Clamshell running Linux for so long! I am so frustrated!!

I tried to continue the install but it just wants to redownload the packages which I simply can't do! It doesn't have a wireless card so I can't just go to a hotspot and try again!

I can access some sort of command line one by choosing one of the last options on the menu in the installer though.

Can I make the installed partition boot? As I said the base system did install!