PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] The Most Confusing Ubuntu Icon - The Lower Panel Icon for File Browser

ubat
November 18th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I cannot see the clarity and simplicity of some of the icons being displayed on the Lower Panel.

NOTE: PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT to see what I am talking about.

For one, the File Browser Icon on the Lower Panel is confusing. It's a picture of a Yellow Folder with a White Mouse Pointer/Cursor. That is, IF you spend the extra TIME to look CAREFULLY and CLOSELY.

When you are 'quickly' looking for something like another running application, of which is almost always the case in task switching, you can't easily and quickly see that it's supposed to be folder. Instead it looks like some other application instead of the readily and easily a recognisable Yellow Folder ONLY, i.e. the MANILLA FOLDER.

I for one, don't need distractions like a Mouse Pointer or Cursor that only adds unnecessary and useless information to a person looking for a FILE BROWSER as opposed to file browser that can be clicked with mouse. Of course I know that the file browser can be clicked on. By putting a pointer on the yellow folder, Are you saying there are file browsers where you can't click with a mouse? Or is this a subliminal suggestion/tutorial to let users know that file browser use a mouse?

QUESTION:
Is there some way to change that icon now and also do this for other Ubuntu Versions?
Like where is the image location so I can get rid of the pointer cursor over the yellow folder and just a simple and more clear simple yellow folder.[/quote]