PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz (splash screen) freezes my 9.10 ubuntu!

Haribda
November 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I just upgraded my 9.04 to 9.10 and everything was just fine. While I was amazed of the speed I was getting from this 64 bit version, I enabled Compiz and I was playing with it. Last thing I enabled was splash screen or something and the system froze like crazy. I had to unplug my laptop. Same thing happens over and over again when I boot it up, welcome song the desktop and as soon as that splash screen compiz gets there the system is frozen. I tried recovery mode but it didn't help by repairing bad packages.

What shall I do? How can I disable the compiz? I can't stand this xp!

Please help!

audiomick
November 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I can't tell you how to do this, but what I would try is try to find out where the compiz config file is, and try to edit it from the recovery modus. If the config is like most of the configs I have looked at, it should be almost plain english, and you should ba able to edit the entry that says the problem function is activated. Try looking at the compiz home page.

Haribda
November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
WHat I did is that I removed the compiz from recovery mode and now my mouse is moving but everything else is frozen! I see my desktop but I don't see my icons and menu bars but i move my mouse. Nothing else works not even ctrl+alt+f2.

I'm really confused...