PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Use Ipod with 9.10?

bmelendy
November 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Hello everyone,
About once a year for the last 6 or 7 years I try to switch to Linux. Today I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and plugged my ipod nano into it. I was all smiles that it detected it and came up with all my music. I went to play one of the songs (off the ipod on the computer) and Rhythmbox popped an error something was wrong with a plugin? Ok, just my luck. I google around and someone says you have to uninstall rhthymbox and then reinstall and that will fix it. Sooo I uninstall using the Software Center. Then when I go to re-install and select it from the software center, it tells me that it isn't available?? So now I can't find a .deb file or anything.

I just want to use my ipod on Linux and I'm sure it can be done but I've spent almost two hours searching the internet for a solution. Anyone know an easy way to get some software on my system that will work with the ipod? I tried banshee and amarok but the Ubuntu software center didn't have it available either?!

Thanks for any help. I really need my ipod to work on Linux to make another attempt at switching away from windows.