PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck on Uninstall Procedure

markpnc
November 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I installed ubuntu as a dual boot system alongside windows XP. However, I have changed my mind about ubuntu and want to uninstall it but have no idea how to go about it. I tired deleting the partition but then the computer doesn't boot at all getting stuch at the Grub Loader not found.
Can nayone help me with this please or direct me to some instructions for uninstalling. It's not that I don't like Ubuntu but I I just don't seem to use it at all. Bit of a die-hard Windows guy I suppose.
Mark

ajgreeny
November 17th, 2009, 12:23 AM
It's a shame you didn't get on with ubuntu, as it definitely grows on you with use. However you need to restore your windows MBR bootloader. Boot to your XP disk and choose the recovery system (can't remember the exact title, but it's obvious) then use fixmbr and all should be well again. If you only have a restore CD, not a MS install disk, you may need to get a copy of supergrub which will do the same job.

markpnc
November 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you ajgreeny. I will give it a try. You make it sound quite simple. I hope it is. I haven't entirely given up on ubuntu, for the few times I use it I just don't need it on my hard drive that's all.
Thanks again.